Monday, October 5, 2009

Gregory Chandler on Creatine and Brain Function

Most dedicated bodybuilders know about creatine's role in bodybuilding. Creatine supplementation can improve one's performance in anaerobic tasks. Creatine use may also play a role in increasing the volume of a person's muscle cells. Researchers are constantly looking for new benefits from creatine supplementation. Recent research has shown that creatine supplementation (8 grams per day for five days) reduces mental fatigue when subjects repeatedly perform a simple mathematical calculation. Specifically, after taking the creatine supplementation, subjects exhibited a task-prompted increase in oxygen utilization in the brain. As creatine is abundant in the brain, and is used as an energy source for ATP synthesis, its role in the prevention of mental fatigue is useful in one's tasks outside bodybuilding.

During September 2009, I was faced with some awesome deadlines. I do lots of work as a transactional attorney. My goal is to always perform my tasks at a high level of proficiency. Knowing the recent research on creatine, I increased my supplementation with creatine. Perhaps the increased creatine allowed me to perform my tasks.

In closing, the research is that creatine supplementation works both in the gym and in your everyday tasks.

GREGORY CHANDLER, Attorney at Law

No comments: